Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Diamonds? I dunno...

Five years in that damned park

I don’t really have anything to say to you
But for some strange reason I just can’t get enough
We walk up and down the same damned street
You say hello to everyone we meet
But they don’t know you
Like I know you
And they know that it’s true
No one wants to know the truth about me and you
Cause really we’re friends day by day
We’d fuck each other but we’re too gay.
On each others crippled shoulders
Teardrops fail to fall
But plaintive buffoonery well
We don’t even have to listen at all.
You aren’t expecting me to give a damn
That must be why we’re so surprised when I do and I am
So strangely over anything that never was or might have been
I never expected anything
and that’s all I’d ever ask for cause it’s all I really want.
Someone else who’s got nowhere better to be
Someone who will condescend to know me
Better than maybe I’d like.
We don’t even have to fight.
Save it for another night.
Just light that fucking pipe
It takes two to ignore the better part of the world.
It takes two it takes two it takes three it takes four.
Pass that shit back here some more.
There’s nothing wrong
The joy is gone
But we’re still here. We’re still here. We’re still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment